MM8BDM Forum

The Nano Tower
Reincarnation Mark 1 • September. 21, 2024, 2:07 PM
1 2
✦ [ZDBO] ZDoom Brasil Oficial Community Leader ✦ ✦ Watching from the top of The Nano Tower ✦
✦ [ZDBO] ZDoom Brasil Oficial Community Leader ✦ ✦ Watching from the top of The Nano Tower ✦
October. 4, 2024, 6:26 PM (Edited by Reincarnation Mark 1) Copy Link
WARNING

This particular mod only works properly with Zandronum version 3.2 and beyond, if you've downloaded MM8BDM V6B through the official site, stay advised that this bundle comes with Zandronum 3.1 which will be able to run this mod but in a completely broken way. The game will lack necessary functions that are required for the mod to work properly, you have been warned.

ABOUT

The Nano Tower is a project that exists since 2017, it was originally intended to bring a post apocalyptic free roam map to explore alongside with original characters and story. However, recently The Nano Tower Projects Team (TNTPT) had the idea to change this project to make things a little bit more realistic while maintaining the 8-bit aesthetic of the game while also adapting it for competitive play in all game modes. Check below a list of things that got added, changed and that certainly makes a difference on the experience:

IMAGES

Check out some images about what was described on the "about" section, of course, this isn't all that has on this project so it is highly recommended to play it in order to experience what it really is:

STORY

Are you interested on The Nano Tower? If yes, then we are pretty sure you want to know more about this original story finally clearing out what this is all about. Please, stay in mind that this story is incomplete, there are a whole lot of things that has to be added in order to make a more complex universe, those things already exists and they are already written but not implemented. So, expect this to be bigger.

FAQ

Below we will be answering some common questions about The Nano Tower project while trying to pass on a little bit of knowledge about some things.

DISCLAIMER

Please, if you plan on downloading, playing or doing anything else with this particular project, it is highly recommended that you check this before doing so. We don't want troubles with anyone or cause problems to anyone.

KNOWN ISSUES

Before downloading The Nano Tower, stay in mind that like anything else in life its prone to have problems, principally considering it was mostly made by a single person. Check below what got fixed on the test versions and what didn't got fixed but have all of TNTPT's attention. Feel free to report issues here on the forum page or on the contact methods below so we can fix them, fixed issues will be marked like this

DOWNLOAD & CONTACT

> > > DOWNLOAD < < <
> > > DISCORD < < <
> > > TNTPT OWNER E-MAIL: Angelius7.com@gmail.com < < <

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS

TNTPT: Thank you for playing The Nano Tower project and reading that thread until here, always expect us to be different and trying different and risky ways for the sake of innovation. Have fun!

The Nano Tower © 2017 (TNTPT) The Nano Tower Projects Team.

Gangular worms crawl underneath the street beef. We eat meat, gangy.
Gangular worms crawl underneath the street beef. We eat meat, gangy.
September. 21, 2024, 3:58 PM Copy Link
she say do you love me i tell her only partly i only love my bed and my mama im sorry
Trillster Administrator
what's a code
Administrator
what's a code
September. 21, 2024, 4:13 PM Copy Link
This project doesn't really qualify as a proper expansion (additional map pack + additional weapon pack + additional skin pack combo), so I've moved it to gameplay conversion.
September. 21, 2024, 4:14 PM Copy Link
needs more reverb imo
i cast wheel cutter, take 2d10 slashing damage, bonus attack superbike, take 1d20 blunt
i cast wheel cutter, take 2d10 slashing damage, bonus attack superbike, take 1d20 blunt
September. 21, 2024, 5:10 PM Copy Link
!👑! ☭ Angelius ☭ !👑! said:
Q: Why it isn't possible to play as The Fog Guardian in maps that aren't The Nano Tower?

The only problem with this mod is that the map pool is incorrectly too small. The Fog Guardian can easily fit on maps like MM2DW1 and should be allowed as such.
September. 21, 2024, 5:40 PM Copy Link
Trillster said:
This project doesn't really qualify as a proper expansion (additional map pack + additional weapon pack + additional skin pack combo), so I've moved it to gameplay conversion.

That is all right, i am not gonna lie this is the first time i use anything forum related, way too used to Discord to do my stuff. Thanks for moving it to the proper category.

GregdotEXE said:
Q: Why it isn't possible to play as The Fog Guardian in maps that aren't The Nano Tower?

The only problem with this mod is that the map pool is incorrectly too small. The Fog Guardian can easily fit on maps like MM2DW1 and should be allowed as such.

Not only because of that, its also because The Fog Guardian is way too strong and it should be only played in The Nano Tower, i believe Vanilla maps are going to be more used for other game modes.
Check out my stuff: https://www.youtube.com/@SparkBruh
Check out my stuff: https://www.youtube.com/@SparkBruh
September. 21, 2024, 6:28 PM Copy Link
Colors
&knuckles
&knuckles
September. 21, 2024, 7:20 PM (Edited by PinkRoboBlaster) Copy Link
I have some things that I dislike about this mod, but the major one is the fact that it FORCES you to use the run button to move at a bearable speed. I don't think it needs to be said, but NOBODY uses the run button. Please don't force it onto people.

The Nano Tower map is also pretty boring, seeing as there's like nothing to do, unless I'm missing something.
September. 21, 2024, 8:00 PM Copy Link
PinkRoboBlaster said:
I have some things that I dislike about this mod, but the major one is the fact that it FORCES you to use the run button to move at a bearable speed. I don't think it needs to be said, but NOBODY uses the run button. Please don't force it onto people.

The Nano Tower map is also pretty boring, seeing as there's like nothing to do, unless I'm missing something.

About the running button, this will probably be changed on the Test 23 version because some keyboards does not allow more than two keys being pressed at once and that is the unique reason as to why i am going to change it, the majority of major triple A games actually forces it onto people like COD, Battlefield and many more so i don't see why this would be a problem.

About the map, i guess you didn't read the thread or the help menu inside the mod, The Nano Tower is made to be a multiplayer experience as many other maps around the community also does the same. However, i can understand that the community isn't too attracted by this type of mod anymore, i am still keeping it for the nostalgia and also because The Nano Tower has some huge amounts of work put into it alongside with The Fog Guardian class.
Gh
World-famous Gh of "Gh" fame.
Gh
World-famous Gh of "Gh" fame.
September. 22, 2024, 2:27 AM (Edited by Gh) Copy Link

#2 - All weapon sprites from Mega Man 1 to Gamma Mark 2 and even cut scene weapons were remade by (TNT/TNTPT) Striker, they are simply superior than their vanilla counterpart.

Comes off as pretentious.
1 2