1 2
Korby Administrator
Benvenuto nella room italiana!
Administrator
August. 2, 2024, 1:07 AM (Edited by Korby) Copy Link
Welcome to
Inspired BURST!

Utilizing the tech introduced in v6b that eases weapon creation and carrying on the spirit of the INSPIRE competition from years ago, Inspired BURST! is a new weapon creation competition focused on adapting things from other games into MM8BDM weapons!

"But Korby, I am not good at creating weapons!" you say to yourself, as I cannot hear you through your monitor. "How could I possibly win?!"

Good news, strawman I have invented! On the Official MM8BDM Wiki, we have two, count them TWO very detailed weapon tutorials! That's right, we've got a beginner's guide to using the V6B tools to make a weapon, and even an advanced one showing some of the more complicated tools!

If that's still not enough for you, I'm sure someone would be happy to help you in the MM8BDM Discord! Probably.

This competition will work in two stages; A submission stage and a judging stage.
Submissions will run until September 28th!
Afterward, the judging stage begins!
The three of us judges, Russel, Trillster, and myself (Korby) will attempt to have judging done by October 12th.
The goal of this phase is to have public servers running the weapons in a variety of modes to see how they play in real matches!

The first place winner of this competition will receive the Blacksmith medal!
Second and Third place winners of this competition will instead receive the Blacksmith (Runner-Up) medal!

Without further adieu, here are the official rules!

August. 2, 2024, 12:26 AM Copy Link
"Foot in the door" post with indeterminate actual output
ROCKS!!!
ROCKS!!!
August. 2, 2024, 12:30 AM Copy Link
Sure, seems fun so ill join it
working to free the very best "me" I can be
working to free the very best "me" I can be
August. 2, 2024, 12:30 AM Copy Link
WEAPONS competition!? 👀

this sounds EXACTLY my speed and something I can actually get motivated enough to finish
ROCKS!!!
ROCKS!!!
August. 2, 2024, 12:32 AM Copy Link
Also, are pre-made weapons fine to submit (ones that are not in a released wad), or does it have to be made specifically for this?
Korby Administrator
Administrator
August. 2, 2024, 12:57 AM Copy Link
Premade weapons are fine (and would also be hard to verify on our end anyway) so submit to your heart's content!
I also updated the rules a bit to specify that Megaman fangames are also off the table.
August. 2, 2024, 1:14 AM Copy Link
Ok I will open the slade and cook for your organisation
Allanx Inc Co-Owner, yuh. I also like cats.
Allanx Inc Co-Owner, yuh. I also like cats.
August. 2, 2024, 2:14 AM Copy Link
So many ideas and I think I just found the right one.
Video game enthusiast who does art sometimes. Hobbyist modder with way too many projects on his hands. BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
Video game enthusiast who does art sometimes. Hobbyist modder with way too many projects on his hands. BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
August. 2, 2024, 11:20 AM Copy Link
Weapon competition? I'm a little rusty, but count me in!
&knuckles
&knuckles
August. 2, 2024, 11:39 AM Copy Link
I'm in it to win it! Time to cut this competition down to size!
1 2