MM8BDM Forum

Cobra's MM8BDM mod updates
El cobra(SkullSnake) • June. 2, 2024, 3:29 AM
1 2 3
Making mods in my spare time
June. 2, 2024, 3:29 AM Copy Link
Hello everyone, welcome to my thread!
I'm normally not a social guy but I'd like to change that a little. So here I'll post weekly mod news for mods that I make (To those who don't know, I am responsible for: CobrasBloonsMod & another experimental mod in the works!) Hope everyone can have a great time here, post any suggestions you think would be nice! Remember be respectful to others. Thank you for reading!

I'll try to be active here, so leave any questions you want answered!

EDIT: So I made the thread in another channel before noticing this one, Whoops!
June. 2, 2024, 3:34 AM Copy Link
Ignore the discussion with the same name in "discussion" that one I plan to delete, if there is a delete button that is.
Anyway the mods I'll showcase change the way the game is played, have it be a PvE gamemode like the bloons mod or have everyone play the game in a 2.5D side scroller. Only two mods so far, but I want to make mods that leave a real impact So hopefully everyone enjoys what I make!
July. 1, 2024, 9:25 PM (Edited by El cobra(SkullSnake)) Copy Link
NOTE: I live in australia so my date is read by DAY/MONTH/YEAR, just saying that now to avoid any confusion!
Weekly mod news 2/6/2024 "The final additions before the online tests"

Platformer mod: "Levels & more"
1. started and finished a difficult level (bonus sky stage "hope you don't have a fear of heights!")
2. made a hub world where players can select the level they want to play (has same rules as MMX campaign mod you need the leader to pick the stage)
3. level select if functional but once you get on the stage select you can't get off until the stage is selected. (still needs adjustment)
4. made a hud for Alric class, not that big of a deal
5. An extra weapon has been made for those who are able to pass a difficult level. It has the best parts of two weapons in this one!
6. weapons from the platformer mod can pick up ammo now,
7. Fixed an unseen issue of losing copyweps on death, that would of struck fear into those who like their weapons so I patched it.

Other:
n/a

Plans for next week? I feel like taking a good break from mod works for a good week or two to get videos done and do more fun things. I'll be doing testing and see what'll come to the mods, they are currently private but I'll make them public one day.

An old screenshot during the week, but one I find funny.
Check out my stuff: https://www.youtube.com/@SparkBruh
Check out my stuff: https://www.youtube.com/@SparkBruh
June. 2, 2024, 10:45 AM Copy Link
Hope to see more.
June. 10, 2024, 8:47 AM Copy Link
I should of posted saying there wasn't mod news for 9/6/2024 funny 6/9/2024 for other timezones
I'll be back to mod works either the start of next week or the week after that where I'll be fixing the issues I encountered in the platformer mod I made. I'm just working on videos that have been gathering dust for a good while.
June. 16, 2024, 6:45 AM Copy Link
No mod news for this week 16/6/2024, I'm still working on videos and I'm thinking of neat ideas for both of my mods but they'll have to wait until the videos are done. If I push myself really hard this week I can get both of them done and get back to mod works, the two videos I need to finish are a test session & an experimental animation style for a video. I'm unsure how long the animation will take as it is more than 2 minutes long so don't expect it to be done in a day. Hopefully I figure out how to get both videos done in one week so I'll be back to modding. See you next week unless anyone has questions, if you got any ask away.
June. 23, 2024, 6:07 AM (Edited by El cobra(SkullSnake)) Copy Link
No new mod works this week 23/6/2024, I know this channel has no use if I'm not posting mod news and I can promise that I can try to get some mod news for the upcoming week. I only have one video left to complete and then I'm ack to mod works, this is the third week I've not posted mod news and I know that sounds like I'm lazy but I can say the most difficult videos are out of the way. If anyone has looked at these mod updates and waited for new mod updates I thank you for spending your time to look at my things, and I hope all of you a good week.

Now what mod will it be first to fix up? CobrasBloonsMod, or CobrasPlatformerMod? I feel like the platformer mod needs more attention but the bloons mod is closer to it's full version, I'll see what I want to do once I'm done with the video.
June. 30, 2024, 4:51 AM Copy Link
Finally, some new cobra mod news
Weekly mod news 30/6/2024 "Back to modwork!"

Bloons mod: "Fixing a price slip-up and small bugs"
1. fixed an exploit of all charms except regen being able to be grabbed for free.
2. fixed charm vendors collision, now they are non-solid so people can't cheese the mod as easily

Platformer mod: "Fix the bugs"
1. fixed camera not spawning after death, now the mod can be played in multiplayer without running into a softlock.

Other:
completed the final video early june mod testing CobrasBloonsModV2Beta

Plans for next week? To hammer work into both the bloons mod & platformer mods
July. 1, 2024, 9:34 PM Copy Link
I'll post a few images of how the platformer mod is looking currently.

The background bugged out when I took the photo, damn.

Newest enemy added! took 10 minutes to add em. This room needs renovations, I'll make it look better in time.

I feel like I'll get quite a bit done this week, enjoy the week everyone!
July. 2, 2024, 5:41 AM (Edited by El cobra(SkullSnake)) Copy Link
Trying out a new movement controller:

This new movement controller is less laggy but I have no clue on how to make the sprites flip with this one, so I'll need to mess around with it more.

Edit: Sorry for the poor game audio, it seemed like the music I decided to use here was copyrighted.
1 2 3