MM8BDM Forum

BOUNTY - a Map Competition for MM8BDM V6C!
LlamaHombre • June. 1, 2024, 7:48 PM
June. 1, 2024, 10:37 PM (Edited by LlamaHombre) Copy Link

BLUF: A map competition started in 2023 with the intent of replacing MM2CRA, MM2FLA, MM6WIN, and MMWTMWS for the next version of MM8BDM.

PK3 download: https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=mm8bdm-bounty-full-v1a.pk3

expect results very soon
Don't sweat the petty things, but don't pet the sweaty things
June. 1, 2024, 11:19 PM Copy Link
WE ARE SO BACK BABY HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October. 1, 2024, 8:47 AM Copy Link
Hey folks,

It's been a long time coming for many reasons, but it's time to put all that aside and finally give the mappers who submitted their rewards - scores, judging, feedback, the works.

Speaking personally, I found myself extremely happy and impressed with all the ideas on display, from newer mappers to veteran mappers alike. I very much enjoyed the average Bounty map, and I hope my scores and feedback will speak to that. The winners today are maps I'm all fond of, and am looking forward to seeing how they integrate into MM8BDM core and potentially even evolve after. The runners up should all be proud of themselves too! To be upfront, I don't expect to update the Bounty file again. So anyone who didn't place today, please continue to iterate on your maps in a map pack or something! So many of these maps would be ones I'd be pleased to see in servers going forward.

Ok, enough stalling. Without further ado, the results.

==================

The Runner Ups...

==================

For MM2CRA (Crash Man), with a combined score of 265 and an average judge score of 88.33...

For MM2FLA (Flash Man) with a combined score of 274 and an average judge score of 91.33...

For MM6WIN (Wind Man) with a combined score of 285 and an average judge score of 95.00...

For MMWTMWS (Mega Water S) with a combined score of 264 and an average score of 88.00...

===================================

Thank you all for your contributions and endless patience. As competition leader, I now make the following recommendations to the dev team:

A full breakdown of the scores, feedback, and judging can be found here:

Have a good day!
The pink thing is back!
The pink thing is back!
October. 1, 2024, 1:57 PM Copy Link
Well done to all the other entrants! The level of talent on display this event was mind-boggling-- every single map got a lot of really great entries, and I think all the other winners more than deserve their spot. Great showing overall!

Like I do a lot lately, I'd like to give a "little" post-mortem detailing the thought processes that went into making my Flash entry. This is mostly for my sake; I just really like talking about maps. Wall of text in spoiler.

Congrats to the other winners, thank you to the judges, and an extra-special second thank you to Llama. I know it wasn't easy holding this event together, and you deserve major props for managing to push this mountain over the finish line. You rule, man.
ROCKS!!!
ROCKS!!!
October. 1, 2024, 2:37 PM Copy Link
GGs, good job to the map makers and those who won, even if the waiting time was very long, great to see everyone participate.
though obviously the real winner is FLAB07

However I wonder what will happen to the maps that didn't make it, will they still be in the bounty map pack or is that going to be taken down?
October. 1, 2024, 4:39 PM Copy Link
GGs all! This event was a blast to participate in with everyone and it was so much fun seeing so many different takes on the four RMs.

rockblock said:
However I wonder what will happen to the maps that didn't make it, will they still be in the bounty map pack or is that going to be taken down?

I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm planning to include the maps the I made in a pack sometime in the future, with some tweaks here and there based on the feedback I got.
October. 1, 2024, 5:42 PM Copy Link
I have no intention of taking down the Bounty pack, but right now I have no desire to update it. Those who submitted, please feel free to cannibalize your work for your own projects - I'd be very happy if you did.
October. 2, 2024, 11:39 PM Copy Link
Big congrats to all the winners!
October. 3, 2024, 5:17 AM Copy Link
I wanna start this off by saying CONGRATS to the other winners and runner-ups. I love mapping and Crash Man is my favorite robot master, so having the opportunity to do this was insane. This honestly feels like the greatest achievement I've made since making maps for this game.

Special thanks to Gumballtoid for making the decorate file for the Pipis and to Dood who made the sprites for them