Cobra's MM8BDM mod updates
El cobra(SkullSnake) • June. 2, 2024, 3:29 AM
1 2 3
Making mods in my spare time
July. 7, 2024, 2:51 AM Copy Link
Weekly mod news 7/7/2024 "Many platformer additions and small adjustments"

Bloons mod: "Fixing up missing skins & new exit texts"
1. updated & added more exit messages to add a few more unique ones.
2. New sniper monkey skins added:
Night Vision Goggles
Shrapnel Shot
Bouncing Bullet
Supply Drop
Elite Sniper

3. Updated sniper to display middle-path & bottom-path weapon skins

Platformer mod: "Fixing issues seen within the test & new things!"
1. Nerfed telly spawners by 1 second in Sky area stage (hard level) and restricted where they can go.
2. Made new animations for Mole enemy (drill in & drill out)
3. Mole enemy adjustments, moles have a full second of drilling before they can start harming players, added so players have a heads up of where the moles are going to appear before getting hit. Upward moles are not affected by conveyor belts on spawn. A small bug that made moles commit a slide before they finish drilling.
4. Made new enemy: octopus battery (Adhering Suzy for those who like the Japanese name) bounces between two points, either moving up & down or left & right depending on what their setting is.
5. Messed around with trying to make movement controls more smooth, still trying to get it smoother
6. Did experimental testing oriented around giving enemies barriers, fully functional!
7. Made new enemy: Shield attacker, moves between two points turning around when it gets to it's destination (either a wall or colliding with a player) blocking shots from the front. addition, you can jump off the top of a shield attacker, but it is funny to do.
8. updated & added more exit messages to add a few more unique ones.
9. new automatic player turners, getting tired of walking to a corner and then pressing up to keep going? Worry no more! As this new object turns players that are in range of it, and it comes in 4 different rotations: North, East, South, West. Diagonals are not included.

Other:
1. n/a

Plans for next week? More work on platformer mod.
On discord I have to compress my wording thanks to the word limit there but it doesn't exist here. I'm working hard on what needs to be added & adjusted to the mod for a more fun and playable online experience before I do a public test with a few levels. I don't have an estimate of when that'll be done but I think I'll have it done before December. I'll start posting weekly images of what I've worked on in the week as a fun thing to see. I would like to hear what ideas you guys may have!

So that stage select says that Metal man & Tengu man are on there but no burst man? I'll be changing the stage select to have the actual robot masters I'll use in this mod and have the others on another stage select somewhere else. I still need to polish up the hub world as it looks very ugly & basic at the moment.
July. 14, 2024, 6:59 AM (Edited by El cobra(SkullSnake)) Copy Link
Weekly mod news 14/7/2024 "Quite the amount of additions"

Bloons mod: "Fixing issues"
1. Fixed an exploit where the regen charm can grant immortality thanks to the "crippled" state, now the charm checks for this state and disables itself while in this state now.
2. Slightly compressed all classes file sizes.
3. fixed a few bloons that couldn't use AUTOPICKUP

Platformer mod: "New class, new weapons & stage select upgrade"
1. Bass class added, with his raging bass buster being aim able in 8 directions!
2. Discovered a bug to the bass buster that wouldn't allow you to aim to the left if you fired to the right and vice versa. Now you can fire in all 8 directions no matter what direction you are facing or which direction you started firing!
3. Improvements to the stage select making it more customisable, the extra stages "metal man & Sky area" are moved to another stage select that you can access by pressing down by The "Mr X symbol".
4. New weapon: Water wave! Create 3 waves of water that move along the floor.
5. Adjustments to gaining copyweps, now only these classes (Megaman & Bass) currently have access to these weapons meanwhile everyone else gets nothing at the moment.
6. All copy weapons now accounts for what class uses them (Megaman can slide using these while Bass does his dash.)
7. New weapon: Napalm Bomb! Throw a small bouncy bomb dealing 3 damage in a small radius, Can be aimed up to throw higher but with less horizontal velocity or aimed down for a really fast floor rolling bomb with no vertical velocity, **Think fast chucklenuts!**.

Other:
1. Looked in my folder of old scrapped mods and dug one out that I thought would be really interesting to work on again. The name? **CobrasKRTowerDefencePrototype**. It's unique but I never really got it to work before, but now I may be able to make it work.
2. CobrasKRTowerDefencePrototype: Enemy pathfinding works & lives lost system works as well.

Plans for next week? More work on bloons mod.

Images for this week:
Stage select is still in the works

there is a second a stage select here, but this one is for bonus levels.
July. 21, 2024, 7:02 AM Copy Link
Weekly mod news 21/7/2024 "Sniper monkey gets neat changes & more"

Bloons mod: "Fixing bugs & big quality of life changes to the sniper monkey!"
1. sniper monkey scope has 4 stages and does not have an aim limitation anymore
2. Boomerang, glue, sniper, mortar, super & ninja monkey shop HUDS adjusted to not have the sell bar on top of the upgrade name.
3. Fixed a bug of, *breathes in*, a fortified-camo-regrow-ceramic bloon having the ability to phase through all projectiles except for explosives. *what a mouthful*
4. new super monkey skins:
Super range 020superMonkey
Ultra Vision 002superMonkey

5. All sniper monkey weapon HUDs updated!
6. Sniper monkey weapons now have scoped & unscoped firing animations.
7. Sniper monkey weapons have been optimized reducing file size by more than 30%!
8. New sniper monkey zoom level icons, ranging from a calm monkey to a really focused killer.

Platformer mod: "more animations"
1. Bass class animations improved to have midair & ground animations

Tower defence prototype: "Voxels & updating map paths"
1. added a new voxels to a tower type
2. experimented with enemy paths

Other:
1. Made plans to make a video for next week, "How to make mods for MM8BDM in slade!" just covering the basics for this one.

Plans for next week? More work on bloons mod & platformer mod, and I plan to make a video during the week as well.

For those I don't have access to my mod works on discord here are what the new sniper weapon HUDs look like.

I really focused my energy on the sniper monkey in the bloons mod for this week, he feels better to play now but I still need to do some balancing that will be done when all the monkey weapon HUDs are done.
July. 28, 2024, 3:51 AM (Edited by El cobra(SkullSnake)) Copy Link
Weekly mod news 28/7/2024 "I didn't do much this week"

Bloons mod: "Sniper UI clean up"
1. Slightly cleaned up sniper monkey UI for all weapons

Platformer mod: "More weapons"
1. New weapon: Crystal Eye! Fire a big crystal that splits into 3 small bouncy crystals on contact with terrain.
2. New weapon: Charge kick! slide through enemies and deal damage!
3. added SBARs to mm5 weapons, all the weapons still need balance adjustments,

Other:
1. published video "How to make MM8BDM weapons part1"

Plans for next week? A lot more work on the platformer mod, And no video to do this week! I'll be able to do a whole lot more mod work without worrying about a video deadline.

One point while I wasn't paying attention, there was a bug with the crystal eye that would multiply itself by three on each bounce, it was easy to fix but was funny to see.
August. 4, 2024, 5:27 AM Copy Link
Weekly mod news 4/8/2024 "Utilities & neat weapons for the platformer mod & dart HUD fixes"

Bloons mod: "hud updates and small additions"
1. Updated dart monkey's hud to show more arm in animations. (000 to 003)

Platformer mod: "Power stone, gravity hold & much more"
1. New weapon: Power stone! summon 3 stones that spiral outward. Able to hit multiple targets and moves through terrain.
2. New weapon: Gravity hold! Increase or flip the gravity of all enemies ignoring Armor, destroying them in a large area! (Gravity hold affects enemies that don't have a gravity hold immunity, "I plan for many bosses & enemies to have the immunity, meanwhile bosses that are affected will do some damage & partially/completely alter patterns")
3. E-tanks, W-tanks & M-tanks now exist in the platformer mod!
"E-tanks work on all classes, Alric has health upgrades that can increase his max health, E-tanks account for these upgrades and heals to that upgrade's max health."
"W & M-tanks are only usable by Megaman & Bass at the moment."

4. Alric's class code got updated "Alric now has immunity frames like everyone else"
5. Alric is the first to get a new animation on the player setup screen!

Other:
1. n/a

Plans for next week? Some Bloons mod HUDs & two platformer mod weapons.

Not just etanks, but all tanks glow! E-tanks glow cyan colour, W-tanks glow a reddish-pink colour, and M-tanks glow yellow!
August. 11, 2024, 3:57 AM Copy Link
Weekly mod news 11/8/2024 "Proper revive for bloons & the other two MM5 weapons for platformer"

Bloons mod: "Fully functional revive script!"
1. A proper revive script has been implemented, thank you Theophile for showing me this pile of code. Now one of the main issues in the mod should now be fixed! Now I can ditch the old revive script that made the regen charm overpowered! Yipee!
2. Super monkeys can pop leads but it takes multiple hits without plasma.
3. Moab class bloons don't have immunity frames if hit by MOABSHREDDER damage type

Platformer mod: "Star crash gyro attack & more neat additions!"
1. new weapon: Star Crash! create a shield of stars around yourself and throw them forward if it didn't get hit.
2. new weapon: Gyro Attack! throw a razor sharp propeller blade forward with the ability to redirect it's direction while in flight (up, down & forward)
3. fixed a spaz animation of holding left/right while mid-air as Bass and Alric.
4. Alric has new sounds for his abilities
5. New enemy, Rock/bomb thrown! It sits in place until it sees you, when it sees you it will start lobbing bombs or rocks depending on what version you are fighting against:
Rock: throws a rock that deals 3 points of damage on contact
Bomb: throws a bomb that explodes on contact dealing 2 damage
They can only see what is ahead of them so use that to your advantage!
6. fixed an issue that would prevent players from moving after respawning, this bug happened again for no reason?

Plans for next week? more mod work, either on the platformer mod, possibly aiming to start work on the first stage of the MM5 cycle. or on the bloons mod working on monkey weapon HUDs & other additions. It should take me longer than a week to get a stage done for the platformer mod I'd assume it may take a month or longer before I'm satisfied with it, while the HUDs are time-consuming but can be done in a week.
August. 18, 2024, 4:31 AM Copy Link
Weekly mod news 18/8/2024 "Bloons mod stuff, thats it"

Bloons mod: "Fortified bloons + variants"
1. Made and implemented sprites for Fortified bloons + all versions including glue fames
2. made and implemented glue frames for camo bloons
3. made fortified regrow bloons
4. made fortified camo bloons
5. made fortified camo regrow bloons
6. Implemented new mortar monkey skins:
000-200, 300, 400, 500, 010-020, 030,

Plans for next week? Nothing planned, just do whatever I got time for.

This week was very lazy, just a bunch of demotivating stuff happening all week.
August. 25, 2024, 3:16 AM Copy Link
Weekly mod news 25/8/2024 "Bloons mod small class changes & nice huds"

Bloons mod: "Fortified bloons + variants, neat huds & new additions"
1. Super monkey wep animations improved but firing speed nerfed by 1 frame. Applies for:

2. Super monkey flight now has dust effects when close to the ground.
3. Implemented new mortar monkey skins:
040, 050, 001, 002, 003, 004, 005

4. new dart monkey huds made!
003, 004 & 005,
All dart monkey weapon huds are done now!
5. dart monkey weapons (Crossbow, sharpshooter & crossbow champion) animations improved with new huds. While fixing two weapons that didn't have new huds applied to it's abilities (super fan club & plasma fan club)
6. Moab cripple-500Sniper now applies a x2 damage debuff to all moab class bloons for 5 seconds.
7. bloons mod has a new class select! pick one of the class icons, click it and press left or right once and join game!
8. super monkey health buffed by 10!
9. Ninja & glue default UI's head icon updated!
10. plans of having more in ninja monkey's shop, a few new weapons would be nice wouldn't it?
11. all lead bloon variants made! also sharp attacks can damage lead bloons but it takes 5 hits to break that layer with that damage type.
12. all purple bloon variants made!

Plans for next week? Either I work on the bloons mod or the platformer mod, mod works will be slowed down as I'm busy IRL.
September. 1, 2024, 3:15 AM (Edited by El cobra(SkullSnake)) Copy Link
Weekly mod news 1/9/2024 "Fixing up a stage select & many things for bloons mod!"

Bloons mod: "sprites & doing a few things"
1. sprites were made for top path glue gunner charge attack "Glue grenade"
2. Now the shop has the same UI upgrade icon your current weapon has. (before it would show a no upgrades UI icon, no matter what upade you were at)
3. super monkey's **tech terror** ability properly one-shots all bloons from red all the way to a BFB & DDT, while the Anti-bloon's version one-shots ZOMGs and takes out half of a BAD's health in one go. Still need to make the FX for the explosion but that'll come when I have the other monkeys done as I'm saving the super monkey for last.
4. dart monkey fanclub ability touched up, now it uses a powerup as a timer (15 second duration) and has a cooldown of (3000tics / 85.7 seconds, half the time with purple pow)
5. boomerang monkey buff: upgrades bionic boomerang/030, turbo charge 040, & perma charge 050, default rangs do MOABSHREDDER damagetype allowing them to hit moab-class bloons more often. Perma charge gains +2 damage to all rangs & +4 to ability rangs (another +4 damage can be added with hot rangs.)
6. new damage types: "MOABSHREDDERTwoLayer" has the same perks of MOABSHREDDER but pops two bloon layers on contact, and vice versa for these ones "MOABSHREDDERThreeLayer" "MOABSHREDDERSevenLayer" "MOABSHREDDERTenLayer".

Platformer mod: "Stage select upgrades"
1. stage select now has a camera zoom in animation when you boot it up.
2. Wily stages can be selected if "Platformer_WilyStagesActive" is set to 1 but it currently has no use other than being another stage select.
3. power stone didn't remove the right ammo so that was fixed.
4. fixed an issue where Bass would lose his air jump if he interacted with a ladder.

Plans for next week? I feel like doing the bloons mod more at the moment, I have plans for new reworks to the ninja monkey's middle path to make it fun. Other than that I have a few class huds left. So I'm either doing boomerang monkey or ninja monkey huds & additional code this week.

I also worked on making the shop look a little better, I know that V1 didn't have a proper shop and this may be the first time some people have seen the new shop. This one allows you to easily scroll through the shop to what you want, and some monkeys can buy additional things like banana farms.

I'm thinking of giving the ninja monkey unique shop items like how the dart monkey has banana farms, since the sniper monkey got great upgrades and the same goes for the mortar monkey, I need to make the other monkeys feel different from each other and feel good to play.
September. 3, 2024, 6:00 AM Copy Link
Hey Cobra here, I know it's early for a mod news but I do want to show off what I want the attack animations to look like in the release of CobrasBloonsMod V2. So far dart monkey, glue gunner & sniper monkey huds are finished so all that remains are:
Boomerang monkey
mortar monkey (still thinking about if the hud really even needs an animation change...)
Super monkey (Saving for last for a good reason!)
Ninja monkey

So I'm working on the ninja monkey huds, after he is done I'll be doing boomerang monkey! I won't be getting both of them done in the same week also the idle hand for the ninja monkey is an old frame that needs to be replaced.

I like the top one more as it's a smoother animation while the bottom one is more simple, tell me what you think?
1 2 3