MM8BDM Forum

Molly's Place of Custom Skins!
Molly • June. 19, 2024, 12:49 AM
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
June. 19, 2024, 12:52 AM (Edited by Molly) Copy Link
This is it, I'm back with a thread for my custom 8BDM skins!

It's been a long time since I made any new ones, but I think I'll try and get my mojo back and make some new ones soon.

- THIS POST IS RESERVED FOR NEW SKINS. OLD ONES FROM THE OLD FORUM WILL GO IN THE FOLLOWING POST -
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
June. 19, 2024, 2:59 AM (Edited by Molly) Copy Link
THIS IS THE POST WHERE I WILL PUT MY OLDER SKINS FROM 2012-2017-ish (I don't actually remember when the last one I made was...)

None of these contain any of the modern bells and whistles like character portraits and whatever else got added to the skin format after I initially made these. These are all the EXACT same downloads as were previously available on the old Cutstuff forums.

DOWNLOAD ALL MY OLDER SKINS IN ONE BIG PACK HERE!

PREVIEW IMAGES COMING SOON (It's gonna take a while for me to reupload them all somewhere reliable! >m< )

1: Mobile Roll
The first 8BDM skin I ever made, immediately rendered obsolete by MM8BDM v3a's release! I'm keeping it here anyway.

2: Demo (from A Super Mario Thing)
The classic one-eyed raocow character and SMW hack protagonist!

3: Yellow Devil
A large Yellow Devil skin using edited MM1 sprites.

4: Eddie inside of his racing kart
Eddie inside of that little kart he rides on the loading screen in Mega Man: Battle & Chase.

5: Birdo
Everybody's favourite transgender dinosaur, straight from Super Mario Bros. 2! Has custom SFX!

6: SMB2 Luigi
Everybody's favourite Green Mario, using his SMB2 sprites. I think this was a request from somebody, way back when... Also has custom SFX.

7: Cut Man riding on top of Frost Man's back
Gonna be honest, I don't remember why I made this one. I guess that's the fun of looking back on stuff you made over 10 years ago.

8: Large Slime (from "Mob Talker")
Big slime girl from an old Minecraft mod. I don't remember how I even found out about that mod in the first place.

9: Dalek
One of those murderous pepperpots from Doctor Who, my favourite show! Press the Taunt key to say its famous catchphrase!

10: Ghost
A ghost from the Pac-Man series. Using sprites from Pac-Man Arrangement. Since the main difference between most of them is the colour, it isn't anybody specific.

11: Pac-Man
Pac-Man himself! Using sprites from Pac-Man Arrangement also.

12: Cupa
Another girl from that "Mob Talker" mod, this one based on the Creeper.

13: Blaze (from "Mob Talker")
Does anyone know if that mod even still exists?

14: "Fun Is Infinite" Sonic
That one weird Sonic yoinked directly from that one unintentionally creepy secret screen in Sonic CD.

15: Mario's Face
Mario's disembodied floating head, based on SMW's Mario sprites. He'll say some stuff if you press the Taunt key.

16: Rosalina (Oldest Version)
My oldest skin based on Rosalina. This one tries to go for a more Mega Man looking style.

17: Roll (Rockman 8 FC)
Just in case the core game didn't have enough Roll sprite variants, here's another one! If memory serves me correctly, this Roll was created for Rockman 8 FC, but ultimately scrapped from that game once Mega Man 9 released with its own official MM8 Roll sprites.

18: Puyo
A Puyo from the Puyo Puyo series. The skin is based on the green one to be specific. Also known as a Bean, a Blob, a Ghost, and I think even a Qwirk. Such was the nightmare that is 90s puzzle game reskins...

19: Salaryman (from the Karoshi series)
The player character from the Karoshi series, a series of old puzzle platformers on PC where the goal of the game is to die. Repeatedly. I loved these games in middle school (and still do!). Would definitely recommend checking out Karoshi 2.0 in particular, the biggest and (IMO) best game in the series! Has custom SFX from the Karoshi games!

20: Mega Roll
Roll, in an outfit like Mega Man's. Uses the "Mobile Roll" sprites.

21: Mr. Karoshi
That guy from the Karoshi games, except this time using his sprites from the long-since-delisted "Mr. Karoshi" mobile phone game. I don't like these sprites for him that much... Also features custom SFX!

22: Big Telly
Big Telly from Mega Man 8! Uses the sprites from Rockman 8 FC.

23: Roll?
An evil version of Roll, inspired by Mega Man? from Mega Man Powered Up. Uses the Mobile Roll sprites.

24: Roll (Bob & George)
Roll, prepped for battle, as she routinely was in that old classic sprite comic, Bob & George. Based on the Mobile Roll sprites yet again.

25: Guts Man's Ass
"IT'S GUTS MAN!" That classic meme spawned from the "A Bad Day in Peril Park" episode of the Mega Man TV show, it's the polished posterior of everybody's favourite boulder-throwing construction 'bot! Taunting will make the classic "DA-NAAAAA!" sting play.

26: Lauto
A bizarre entity, hailing from the world of MS Paint Masterpieces, another old Mega Man sprite comic. This thing is part-Auto, part-Dr.Light, and all around incredibly offputting.

27: Honey Woman
Everybody's favourite Mega Man 9 character who wasn't even in Mega Man 9! She's super cute, so I don't blame anybody for liking her lots!

28: Mini Mega Man
A rather small-sized Blue Bomber, using sprites from an old Mobile Phone port of Mega Man 3.

29: Bomberman
Everyone's favourite bomb-slinging Hudson Soft robot! Using his sprites from Bomberman II on the NES, and custom SFX from the original Bomberman on NES!

30: "Bad Scizzors Day" Cutman
This skinny guy is a version of Cut Man from an old, crude MM2 hack, Cutman's Bad Scizzors Day. Wilford Brimley (as in, the Quaker Oats guy) stole his Rolling Cutter, so now he has to make do with a Variable Weapons System to fight and reclaim what is his.

31: Giga Roll 2.0
Based on another skin made by my longtime friend Kapus, this is a version of Roll that has inexplicably grown incredibly large. Rather than just using resized MM9 sprites, as what Kappy's old skin did, my version here uses custom-made giant sprites. Has the same Taunt that Kapus's version had.

32: Crunk
This odd fellow hails from Bass Comic Adventures. He was created when Dr. Wily got real lazy trying to make a fourth Mega Man Killer, and a hodgepodge of parts resulted in this weirdo.

33: Comet Woman
That space gal Robot Master from Mega Man Unlimited. Was started by ForteGigasGospel, abandoned, and then finished by me.

34: OVER-1
The Mega Man incarnation that had the unfortunate fate of starring in the old Mobile game, Rockman XOver. Poor guy. At least by putting this lad in your 8BDM Skins folder, he can star in a better game!

35: Auto, driving his truck
Auto in his truck from Mega Man 7. Was made when 8BDM v3b released and Auto's Truck was added to the Light Labs hub area! Press the Taunt key to honk the horn!

36: Bass (equipped with Amazon Woman's weapon from Bass Comic Adventures)
A version of Bass as he appears in the sprite comic, Bass Comic Adventures. He's defeated a Robot Master and gained a rather unusual form change as a part of the Special Weapon he copied from her. He wasn't too pleased about it...

37: Mini Bomb Kart
That little mobile explosive from Mario Kart 64's legendary Battle Mode. Also shows up in that game's VS Mode, but I'd imagine more people remember it from the Battle Mode.

38: Piano
A Roll equivalent to Bass, from the old Doujin game, Rockmen R: Dr. Wily's Counterattack!. Her sprites are meant to fit alongside Mobile Roll.

39: sanic hegehog
I didn't say any of the old memes I based skins on had to be any good. I seem to recall the sprites for this one taking an abnormally long time to make, somehow.

40: RM4MI Frog
The little frog that Toad Man can transform you into in the MM4 hack, Rockman 4 Minus Infinity.

41: Blue Sphere
One of those orbs that the Special Stages of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Knuckles' Chaotix, and Sonic Mania require you to get. Although in this form, it doesn't strictly end up being blue all the time... Press the Taunt key to make the sound of collecting them play!

42: ghost (from megaman sprite game)
One of the spooky ghosts from the all-time classic 2012 game, megaman sprite game. Featuring custom SFX and a Taunt taken directly from the game. This skin was made to celebrate the game's 1-year anniversary, way back in 2013!

43: Me! (Old design)
It's me, Molly! Although this skin uses an older design for my look, one before I had completely shed the old "Geno Roll" appearance. I likely won't ever use this skin myself any more, but I'm keeping it up for old-time's sake. I totally should do a new skin for myself sometime soon!

44: Mini Snoler
Created for the 2013 Holiday Expansion, it's one of those little snowmen from the mini boss battle in Cold Man's Stage. Removed from later Holiday expansions, I've kept it here.

45: Beardman
Mario, AKA Beardman, from the Mario fangame "Battle of the AGES!: Luigi vs. the Martians! / Yoshi VS. Windows 3 / Mushroom Pancakes / Mario Grows a Beard: The Strongest Coffee Mug". Features custom SFX, directly from the game!

46: Andr
Man, I totally forgot how many of these "Mob Talker" skins I even made back then! At least the custom sprites I made for them all were rather well-made.

47: The Big "Boo"
That supermassive spirit from Super Mario World. Uses its sprites directly from the original game!

48: Gardevoir
Pokemon No. 282, the popular Psychic/Fairy Type, Gardevoir! A lot of people way back when used Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sprites for their Pokemon skins, but I went the route of doing fully custom-made sprites for this one! Press the Taunt key to play Gardevoir's cry!

49: Waligie
The titular character from the Waligie Bros. games, its the Measuring Sugar Man himself. Show people that vilent it the anser with his powerful laser eyes! (Disclaimer: While pressing the Taunt key makes the sound for his laser eyes, you cannot actually use them in-game.) Also has other custom SFX from his games.

50: Rosalina (MKWii Voices) (SSB4 Voices) (No Voices)
Another Rosalina skin I made at a later date, this one uses different custom sprites that aren't meant to be in the Mega Man style. Also comes with three variants, one with voice clips from Mario Kart Wii, one with voice clips from Super Smash Bros. 4, and one without any voice clips whatsoever.

51: Copy Vision Clone
The little blobby guy who shows up when you use Copy Vision in MM8BDM. Could also be considered to be the guy from Mega Man 8's JUMP JUMP and SLIDE SLIDE signs.

52: Wiligie
The second of the Waligie Bros., from the series of games of the same name. Pressing the Taunt key will allow you to strike fear into the hearts of your opponents using Wiligie's Laser Nose, and this skin has other custom SFX from the Waligie Bros. games as well!

53: The Dethemberween Thnikkaman
Straight from Strongbadia comes the mysterious Thnikkaman who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Bubs. Totally. Press Taunt to have his off-screen choir announce his presence!

54: SM64 Thwomp
The Thwomp, from Super Mario 64. Has custom SFX, and will play Thwomp's iconic voice clip if you press the Taunt key!

55: Golden Banana
One of the coveted collectables from Donkey Kong 64, what this skin lacks in colour-changing, it makes up for with a special sound if you press the Taunt key! It is exactly what you think it is.

56: Toad (MKWii Voices) (MK64 Voices) (No Voices)
A custom skin of Toad from the Super Mario series. Like the later Rosalina skin, he has voice clips, with several alternate versions depending on whether you prefer voice clips from Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 64, or having no voices at all!

57: Toadette (MKWii Voices) (No Voices)
The best character to make their debut in a Mario Kart game, it's Toadette! Like my Toad skin, you can choose between a version with voice clips, and a version without.

58: Crazy Otto
Before there was Ms. Pac-Man, there was this little guy. Comes with custom SFX!

59 & 60: Bowser's Castle & Disco Ball
A skin double-pack, this contains Bowser's Castle as it appears in Super Mario World's Valley of Bowser map screen, and the disco ball from the final room of the castle itself! "Castle Skins" were all the rage back in the day, and while most of the people were putting Wily Castles in the game as skins, I thought I'd mix things up with a Bowser Castle.

61: Onion Bubs
The fan-favourite substitute Bubs from the Strong Bad email, "original". By pressing the Taunt key, Onion Bubs' conveniently-off-screen fans will express their excitement over his mere presence.

62: Ralts
The basic Psychic/Fairy type, Ralts! Like Gardevoir, it uses custom sprites and features its Pokemon Cry as a sound when you press the Taunt key!

63: MM&B Bass (Alternate)
An alternative version of my MM&B Bass skin that was added in MM8BDM v4c, this version features colour-changing palette use that matches the original game, as opposed to the version in core that is set up like his MM10 sprite. This version is how I originally actually designed the skin.

64: 7 GRAND DAD
Believe it or not, this was a brand new meme when I first created this skin! Everybody's favourite knockoff Mario is here. He actually appears in several different NES bootlegs.

65: Mario Maker Mega Man
A skin of Mega Man using his adorably shrunken-down sprites from Super Mario Maker! The fact that he, and the rest of the Mystery Costumes, were removed from Super Mario Maker 2 is a crime.

66: Skeleton
This ol' bag o' bones comes from the original Castlevania game! Also features SFX from Castlevania!

67: Cutsman
It's the deadly Cutsman, from Captain N: The Game Master. The most heavily-altered Mega Man 1 Robot Master in the show, this guy's all about cutting. And I don't mean hair!

68: Weird Mario
Mario after consuming the strangest power up from Super Mario Maker. Another thing that was totally removed in Super Mario Maker 2 for some reason! Features custom SFX from the game!

69: Forest Man
One of the Robot Masters from the old Flash fangame, Rokko Chan. Was originally created WAAAY earlier for an ill-fated MM8BDM expansion.

70: Fransiska
This silver-clad robot girl is one half of the Dr. Mad Stage 1 boss fight in Rokko Chan. Also created a long time ago for a long-since abandoned 8BDM expansion.

71: Lancea
The other half of the Dr. Mad Stage 1 boss fight in Rokko Chan, its the golden girl, Lancea! Another one I made much earlier on for a custom 8BDM expansion based on the game, which unfortunately didn't go anywhere.

72: Baby Shadow Man
An obscure pick from the Mega Man Battle & Chase manga, it's Shadow Man's.... children? Or younger brothers? Whatever the case, these lil' guys are who Shadow Man hoped to use the Battle & Chase race's prize money to help suppport.

73: Panicked Dr. Wily
Seems Wily's Skull Suit has accidentally self-destructed, leaving the mad doctor to run around the battlefield in a panic! Uses sprites from Mega Man: The Wily Wars that I had previously demade for the MM8BDM v4 credits sequence!

74: Cold Man (Fridge)
Cold Man, but in his original form as a "fridge storing dinosaur DNA in Light Labs." What was Dr. Light even going to do with dinosaur DNA???? The world may never know...

75: Whip Woman
A rather... "interesting" lady Robot Master from a fanmade "Mega Man 11" soundtrack project. Obviously pre-dates and has nothing to do with the ACTUAL Mega Man 11 that released later on. Uses her sprites from the original project.

76: Bluster Rod-G
Created for the "Nightmare Before Christmas" expansion, this is Buster Rod-G cosplaying as Bluster Kong from the Donkey Kong Country TV Show! Previously didn't have a separate download, but as I have NO clue if the expansion pack has been reuploaded somewhere on this new forum, I've got an individual skin download for this one for the first time!

77: Christmas Light Bright Man
Also a submission for the "Nightmare Before Christmas" expansion, however this one was rejected. Its Bright Man, with one of those coloured opaque Christmas lights replacing the usual bulb on his head!

Holy moly, I made over 70 of these things?!? Wow...