MM8BDM Forum

How to make the co-op campaign mod work?
Selka • July. 6, 2024, 9:06 PM
July. 6, 2024, 9:06 PM Copy Link
there is this mod called campaign coop(campaigncoop-build0y_v6btest) and i don't know how to make it work on a server, how to make the campaign functionality work on a server?
Gh
World-famous Gh of "Gh" fame.
Gh
July. 8, 2024, 3:25 AM (Edited by Gh) Copy Link
Hi, mod maker here. So listen up, assuming you already know how to host either by yourself or with a hosting service, what you need to do is set up a remote console password. Set "sv_rconpassword <your password of choice>" as an additional parameter before booting up the server.

Afterwards once you're in-game, try accessing the mod's menu (it should replace the singleplayer button, but in case you're also adding in another add-on that overwrites the main menu you'll need to type 'openmenu CampaignCoopMenu' in the console) and a self-explanatory menu should prompt you to type in the password from before. Enter the mod-specific options and there should be a button to set the default flags. That sets up about everything on its own.

There is something extremely important to note, bots play a mejor part in the campaign and last I checked TSPG (the most reliable and commonly used hosting service) stopped allowing them one day. You'll find yourself in empty maps if you use it and sadly, unless you know how to portforward or are in the same LAN network for a local server, use Hamachi/Radmin/whatever, or you and your fellas live in Europe and can alternatively use Euroboros instead, just know it won't be the same. See below post.
Gh
Gh
July. 7, 2024, 10:42 PM Copy Link
Sup. I know double posting is an act worthy of getting hanged on a cross in forums but I am here to make a quick correction that I'm not sure you would get notified of otherwise if I simply used the edit button: The Sentinel's Playground does allow bots again. Have fun with your easy hosting.
July. 8, 2024, 12:22 AM Copy Link
Gh said:
Sup. I know double posting is an act worthy of getting hanged on a cross in forums but I am here to make a quick correction that I'm not sure you would get notified of otherwise if I simply used the edit button: The Sentinel's Playground does allow bots again. Have fun with your easy hosting.

thanks, i wasn't aware of the sentinel playground so double thanks